Benita Green Lee writes and illustrates both fiction and nonfiction. Her work expresses a quirky sense of humor, an ever-expanding curiosity about the world, and an ability to present characters in a way that uncovers universal emotions. In her artwork, Lee experiments with a variety of media: watercolor, gouache, felt-tip pen, micropen, traditional ink, colored pencil, and digital applications.
- SCBWI member, Rocky Mountain Chapter (Colorado)
- 2017 Michelle Begley Mentor Program for emerging writer-illustrators.
- Contributing illustrator for children’s magazine, Prickly Pear Kids, by Agave Press
- Group art shows include Fisher Parrish Gallery in Brooklyn, Dateline Gallery in Denver, Colorado, and Nevven Gallery in Göteborg, Sweden
- Journalism experience includes work as a writer and content creator for CBSNews.com and for The Associated Press
- University of Michigan, B.A. in English Literature